Saturday, September 20, 2008

Homegrown Tomato Pizza

I went to visit my homie RC the other day, who found the cutest kitteh ever running in the street by her house. She couldn't' find a shelter to take him, the BF fell in love, and now they have cat #3. We were planning on giving him a bath to clean him up, but our scheduals didn't line up well enough to give time to that. On the way out, she gave me some big tomatos from her garden. Oh boi! as DR would say (tomatos *might* win over potatoes in her book). I made a seasoned pizza crust and put the sliced tomatos on top. I also added some chopped orange bell pepper we had in our CSA box.

Seasoned Pizza Crust
1 c warm water
1 TB sugar
1 tsp yeast
big splash olive oil
2-3 c flour
2 TB nutritional yeast (aka nootch)
1 tsp "green" herbs (oragano, thyme, whatever)
1 tsp salt

Proof the yeast in the water with the sugar. After it's foaming and going, add everythign else and kneed until smooth, adding flour as needed. Let rise for 1-2 hours or use right away. I guess this is just pizza crust with stuff added. But it is still good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails