Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mushroom Potato Soup

DR really likes potatoes (actually, I can't stress this enough!). She also likes mushrooms. So I thought, why not combine them both into a soup? Tonight, I pulled out the pressure cooker and came up with this soup.

Mushroom Potato Soup
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 carrot, peeled and cubed
1 stalk celery, sliced up
2 c white mushrooms, sliced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 TB olive oil
4 c veggie broth

Place all the veggies and oil into pressure cooker. Over medium heat, cook for about 5 minutes, or until veggies start to soften and the pot smells fragrant. Add stock and lock on lid. Bring pot to pressure and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let the pressure come down naturally. Soup is done! Wasn't that fast?

Alternatively, you can just simmer everything until the veggies are cooked. However, since I received my PC as a gift last year, I like to blast my soups to doneness! Its nice because it lets me have a fresh, homecooked dinner in a little bit of time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails