Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lentils and Friends


Tonight: Lentils. They are such an innocent staple in the vegan kitchen. However, with the right spices and a little effort, they can be transformed into a lot of great dishes, such as these Tamarind Lentils from Veganomicon. A couple friends had been touting the wonders of this dish, and I finially got around to making them (which is odd it took so long, since I cook Indian dishes several times a week!). It's pretty simple to make--lentils, some spices, and a tamarind-agave-tomato paste stirred in at the end to add some goodness. I replaced the tamarind paste and sweetner with some yummy tamarind chutney my friend J got me last month. They added just the right "yumm" factor for this dish! I served them on some brown long grain rice and added some quick, fun samosas on the side.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails