Saturday, March 29, 2008

Za'atar Mushrooms and Asparagus

Tossed this together for dinner tonight. Not too shabby for a last minute meal! Za'atar is a blend of spices, herbs, and seeds used in the cuisine of several Middle Eastern countries. The one I have is a Lebanese blend that my friend J gave me!

Za'atar Mushrooms and Asparagus
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 lb asparagus, broken into 1 inch pieces
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 TB Za'atar spice blend (this is a Lebonese spice I believe. I'll have to wiki it)

Steam sautée the mushrooms, asparagus, and garlic over medium heat, adding water to keep things from sticking. Sprinkle in the za'atar. Continue cooking until veggies are done to your preference.

Here, I made some amaranth and served the veggies on top. It was pretty decent. This was my first time making amaranth and I'm not sure how I feel about it. A bit salty for me! It also looks a little sketchy to me so I might try making flour with the rest of it if round two of trying it doesn't work out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails