Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Grilled Veggie Pizza

Pizza. The way it was meant to be perhaps. Or not.

A lot of nonvegans wonder how it is possible to make a vegan pizza. Well, first, it is possible. Second, there are a lot of ways to go about making it. The first, and perhaps more "traditional" way, involves making it just like a "normal" pizza - get some vegan cheese, some vegan toppings, and go to town.

While that is good and all, there are times I just want something lighter and more wholesome. So enter this new pizza: grilled veggie pizza. I made some dough with chicky baby seasoning added (essentially, nooch and other spices). For the topping, I sliced zucchinis, mushrooms, and tomatoes and mixed them in a bowl with chopped olives, roasted red peppers, and fresh basil. Then I coated it all with a good splash of oil and baked it until the veggies were tender and the crust golden. It was, in all honesty, one of the best pizzas I've ever had.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails