Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sweet Rice Salad

One of my favorite "its hot and I don't wanna eat!" dishes is cold rice salad. It's easy to make, doesn't' involve the oven, but still provides all the flavor and texture I like from more complex recipes. I have a basic "recipe" I use when making rice salads, but it's easy to sub in what you have or what you like. Essentially, this one is chopped veggies (celery, carrots, green onion) mixed with equal parts short grain brown rice, spelt, and brown lentils (all cooked first!). The dressing is raspberry balsamic vinegar (best_score_ever!), a little salt, and olive oil. After it sat in the fridge for a day, the raspberry flavor really came out in the grains. It was super good! Oh, and I like to add nuts to theses. This one had pecans. YUM! And currents. As you can see, I can't remember what I put in my foods most of the time. Good think I only buy vegan food, which makes everything I made vegan by default!

1 comment:

miss v said...

this looks delicious. i have no idea why, but i *freaking* love cold rice salads (especially the tangy ones).

i'm going to whip up a batch tonight. thanks for the inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails