Friday, July 11, 2008

Roasted Mushrooms and Squash

Many might think it's stupid to turn the oven on in the middle of the summer, when its 80+ degrees out, but i just couldn't help but make some roasted veggies. Honestly, if you don't have AC, how much hotter can the oven make the house?

Here, I cut up mushrooms, squash, and a box of tofu, marinated it in oil and vinegar and then roasted them. Served them on top of some couscous. I've noticed that I've been couscous happy lately. I don't know why I started eating it, since I'm more of a grain vs. pasta type of kid. But i think my first introduction to couscous was by a former lover, and I think that story would be nice to share since most of my posts are just about sexy food things. Couscous is the remains of my sexy former lover, I guess.

1 comment:

Calimaryn said...

Ah the remains of a sexy former lover? How beautiful of a gift.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails