Tuesday, July 22, 2008

White Cake!

On vegweb, the issue came up about how to make a good vegan white cake. I've never had "issue" with any (vegan) cake, but some wanted a vanilla tasting cake that was dense but light in texture (not sure how that works.... its been too long since I've had "omni cake." Regardless, several of us have made it our mission to try to figure this mess out. My attempt, seen here, is the chocolate cake that works well, subbing cornstarch for the cocoa powder. It tasted good, but I don't think it is what they were looking for. THHF thought of using icewater and got good results; this is my next plan of attack. However, the cupcakes I made this weekend had a nice "dense fluffy" to them. Perhaps the trick is to MESS THEM UP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite white cake I've ever made used soy sour cream:
http://community.livejournal.com/vegancooking/1768020.html?#cutid1

i just sub rice/soymilk for the coconut milk and omit the coconut and it turns out awesome every time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails