Saturday, April 4, 2009

African Beans with Polenta

I can't for the life of me remember where this recipe came from. It was either in a cookbook or on vegweb.com, but I remember having my eye on it for a while before I got to making it. It is an African dish (it kind of annoys me that it is "African" vs. more specific - the whole monoculture thing bothers me since Africa is a VERY diverse place. But again, I don't complain about all the Indian dishes I make. I'll have to think about this some).

The dish was easy to make. Cook down some onions, add coconut milk and spices (mostly turmeric, hence the awesome color). Pressure cook some pinto beans and add to the mess. Cook up some soft polenta. Make balls with polenta and add to bean mix. Done. Now that I think about it, I think this is in Students Go Vegan. The fact checker me would check but the lazy me who is blogging and chatting with a ladyfriend will not. :D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails