Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Apricot Pecan Tempeh Wrap


I came up with this in response to trying to use up some parsley I had left over from other dish. These turned out really good. The fruit and nuts compliment the tempeh.

Apricot Pecan Tempeh Wrap

1 package tempeh
1 splash soy sauce

handful of dried apricots, chopped
handful of pecans, roughly chopped
1/2 c fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
Vegan mayo (as needed)
squirt mustard

Cut the tempeh up and add to a small frypan. Cover with water and add soy sauce. Boil for about ten minutes. Drain, and set aside to cool.

Meanwhile, mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Crumble up the tempeh and add to the mix. Stir in the vegan mayo until the mix is coated to your satisfaction (I know I like less mayo, I know others who like more!). Taste and add salt/pepper or whatever else seems good.

I rolled this up in some tortillas I had for a quick lunch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails